Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Home...Yours as Well...

I came across this video in a blog called Niamah. Absolutely amazing!! This is an effort by the the Malaysian Artistes For Unity. This is like a free contribution from all the parties involved. Their aim is to create a video which trancends races and diversity. Any version of 'Here in My Home'
can be down loaded from www.malaysianartistesforunity.info.

Personally, I truly enjoyed 'Here in My Home'. It reflected my thoughts of a single nation. I have always saw Malaysia as one nation yet with divisions. Many have not accepted the concept of 'Satu Bangsa, Satu Malaysia'. Many of the negative aspects of our country are surfacing nowadays, making many feeling like step-children. Amidst all this, when a genuine efforts spring from the people....it truly brings hope that we can still work the single Malaysian identity. It could be a Malaysia where everyone truly embrace their differences and ultimately celebrate their diversity. A time where we would be known as only Malaysians…living up to the promise ‘Malaysia Truly Asia’.


Let us not be judged by the colour of our skin...but by the content of our character - Martin Luther King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Wl3firJQk

No comments: