Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2009

Year in, year out we set many resolutions for ourselves. Some are rather ordinary, the other are pretty ambicious. I would know as this has been something I never miss on the first day when a new year begans. Yet, many of those resolutions remain unachieved like seriously losing weight or changing to be a better individual. When I set a goal for the year, I would work for it enthusiastically in the beginning. Sadly, the entusiasm just wilts away. For this, I blame myself entirely.

However, this year I did not make it a point to sit and write down any resolutions whatsoever. I pretty much welcomed 2009 doing nothing. No doubt there are certain things that I should be doing this year but I kind of realised that I want 2009 to be a year where I can mould my life to be mine with all my imperfection instead of living perfectly to everyone's idea of a good life. So bring it on 2009.

As I reflect on year 2008, I feel blessed. All the good and bad experiences had made me grow an inch more. Overall, I am happy.

2 comments:

Lee said...

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
Have fun, Lee.

Sree said...

Glad that you're back!!! :D

Sree